Please consider the following critical Afghanistan prayer points from John Robb, Former Chairman, International Prayer Council, www.ipcpray.org, Nati
Monday, August 23, 2021
Dear Praying Friends,
Here are some current prayer concerns shared by several brothers and sisters in Christ who are in touch with many followers of Jesus there:
1. Pray for the effective extraction of those whose lives are endangered and are still waiting to get out of the country. There is still great chaos and confusion at the Kabul airport that is causing major hindrances to this process. Pray for a brilliant, safe strategy and its execution for those trying to make this happen, and again for the distraction and blinding the eyes of the Taliban.
2. That Jesus followers who are led to do so, or who need to remain in the country, will be able to move to safer places with their families. For comfort and care for those who have lost family members as martyrs already, at least dozens of cases so far have been reported.
3. Children to be protected and rescued from being carried off to jihadi camps or sold as child brides. Some Taliban are going village to village to try and get the kids for these purposes, brutalizing and raping them if they can.
4. For bold, courageous brothers and sisters in Christ who have been openly sharing their faith in various parts of the country, going village by village to make Jesus known before the Taliban reach those areas. May they be led by the Spirit, knowing when and where to speak and when to remain silent. May their mission be accompanied by the power of God through signs and wonders.
5. Pray for Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, a top Taliban leader that has recently returned for talks with government officials about forming an “inclusive government acceptable to all Afghans”. He is thought to be more moderate than others. Pray that he and other Taliban leaders will follow through on this expressed intention and hold their members back from committing further atrocities against the people.
Having been in many war zones, including Afghanistan four times, and being close to possible death many times, I know that the Lord can deliver His people in marvelous ways. During our last visit to Kabul in 2014, four armed Taliban attackers attempted to take out the whole international church which would have included our team, but they were foiled from doing so and then taken out by the Afghan security forces in a raging gun battle.
This morning, my wife referred me to this passage in the Passion Translation that seems so appropriate at this time. Let’s pray it over this austere and beautiful land that has suffered the ravages of war and bloodshed for centuries. Jesus Christ is the Healer of Nations and the only hope for the peoples of Afghanistan!
Psalm 79- Prayer in a Time of National Disaster
9 Our hero, come and rescue us!
O God of the breakthrough, for the glory of your name,
come and help us
Forgive and restore us; heal us and cover us in your love.
10 Why should all the nations sneer at us, saying,
“Where is this God of yours?”
Now is the time, Lord.
Show your people and all the world that
you will avenge this slaughter and bloodshed once and for all!
11 Listen, Lord! Hear the sighing of all the prisoners of war,
all those doomed to die. Demonstrate your glory-power,
and come and rescue your condemned children!
Also, Psalm 77
11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
13 Your ways, God, are holy.
What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.
This is an excellent prayer video about Kabul and the needs of the Afghan people that you can pray along with.
Thanks for continuing to cover this unfolding situation in your prayers. Let’s believe God for His wonderful works and greater purposes to be accomplished.